Internet has been the biggest boon of the present. When you associate it with latest technological data and tools, it becomes even more beneficial. So as if presently, there is every aspect of your life related to latest technology, whether it is credit card or debit card or internet banking. If you want to shop for some apparel you just need to log into the website account. Whether you want to pursue some bank process or some monetary transaction, there is a requirement of internet. There are always the pros and cons of every aspect, and this is exactly the case of these technological boons.
When you start to pen down the benefits associated with them, you can write a book on it. However, if you consider the number of people who have been cheated or subjected to financial information fraud, the list is endless. It is a fact, that when you utilise internet for accessing your bank account, you will be required to input your password. You are very well aware that if any other internet user has access to this password, it will be havoc for your bank account. And still, there are people who fall prey to the trap put forward by hackers or cyber thiefs.
What are the various financial traps?
The following is a list of financial traps which should be avoided by you:-
- Phishing- in the procedure of phishing traps the account holder or the internet user is trapped with the aid of authentic looking email. With the aid of the email, the user is directed to a false website. And it is these website where the user is actively prompted to update the personal information, like a password to a bank account. The user is most of the time unaware of the process until the fraud has taken place.
- Vishing- This is another very common way of trapping the account holders. In this process a fake phone call, telling you about being a bank employee will divulge all secret and personal information from you, which will then be used by them.
- Smsishing- In this trap, a sms is send to the user. With the sms there is asked, the details of the personal or bank information to pursue the verification details.
- Skimming- Most of the people, when purchase something do the same with the aid of swiping of credit cards. There are card copiers with magnetic strip which take the complete information of the account holder and then utilise it for transactions.
- Carding- In this procedure the stolen card is used for the first time to pursue a small purchase, however, later on when it is verified, it is utilised for the purchase of bigger things.
What can you do about it?
In order for you to take care of your financial information it is your duty and your responsibility to take all the precaution when utilizing internet or credit card or debit card for any monetary transaction. The more you are aware and cautious about the same, the better advantages you will have on it.