Check EPF A/c Balance 3 ways – SMS, Website & Toll free Number –
Ministry of Labour and Employment has presented an easy way to check your EPF balance for the existing EPFO members using the EPFO`s Short Code SMS services. As all of us know that in the year 2014 EPFO has launched the UAN Programme. In Universal Account Number (UAN) there were many services like passbook, monthly SMS of contribution in EPF etc.
This EPFO`s Short Code SMS services is only for those members who have active UAN (Universal Account Number).
- Process to know EPF balance by SMS
1.To Know the balance at any time by SMS from your mobile phone you need to send the predefined Format SMS from you mobile number which was registered during UAN activation to the no 77382 99899.
- In predefined format you have to write EPFOHOUAN followed by first three character of your preferred language. Example of the predefined format SMS is EPFOHOUAN<ENG>. The members of UAN can get balance enquiry in 10 different languages namely English,Hindi,Telugu,Gujarati,Punjabi,Marathi,Kannada,Tamil,Malayalam & Bengali.
- Once you have send the SMS EPFO will send the member details like detail of KYC , last Contribution and Total EPF balance on your registered number.
- Process to know EPF balance by Website-1.This is another way to know your EPF balance. In this process you just have to visit the link http://epfoservices.in/epfo/member_balance/member_balance_office_select.php
- In the Next step you have to select your state.
- Now you have to select the city.
After selecting the city you have. You have to enter the details like Employee PF Account Number,*Name (as appears in EPF Slip), Mobile no . After entering all details you have to check the agree box and submit it. After Submitting it you will get the SMS from EPFO that includes all details like detail of KYC , last Contribution and Total EPF balance on your registered number.
- Process to know EPF balance by Toll-Free Number
In this process in which you can get the details by calling on Toll-free number that is 1800-118-005.You can call on Toll-Free number from 09.15 AM to 05.45 PM on all seven days for any query which is related to UAN/KYC services.